Thursday, April 14, 2005

Field of Dreams

when one looks up in the sky and accompanied by silence...
one begins to gather thoughts...

however,
but this didnt happen to me...

yesterday,
i watched a movie entitled Little Black Book and i came to think about a few lines in the movie...
(call me pathetic but this movie is what inspired me to write up this blogg entry !)

and basically what stuck was, the line of Bean to Stacy,
"You Just Gotta Live, Stop Planning your Moves and Let it Happen...You Might be Surprised"

i come to realize what were the "ideal" and "reality"...

my friends tell me i always think too much...
probably the one thing why i worry too much...
but for me, sometimes these thoughts i go through everytime could grant me a good chance to anticipate an event or something like that...

and so,
i came to ponder upon what my ideal dream is...

if it be related to the field of medicine, then i would have 3 specializations...
Internal Medicine / Chiropractor / Veterinary Medicine

that seems alot and all three very much not on the same field but its my IDEAL dream when i get into a medical field...

so if not in medicine, what would i WANT to be then??
a computer engineer that can function as a computer programmer, hardware engineer and/or software developer...

again, a seemingly high end tale of dreams...

but then again, these are the Aspirations...

and so i looked into what IS already at hand... or close at hand...

im in med school...

i passed the so called "hardest" year of entire 4 yr. med school (as according to my cousin) not with flying colors but at least no failures...

i've developed good rapport not only with my groupmates, but to my other classmates, academic staff, and some non-academic staff...

im in the school's paper...
however i lacked "activity" in the actual paper itself, but i think we could work on that...

and giving it up all for a CHANCE in the computer field may not be such a good choice...

i am not saying i've developed more proficiency on medicine than of computers (well sadly, its STILL the other way around..) but...
right now no matter how you look at it...
im already on a CHOSEN Path...

and to turn back MAY not be such a good option...

and in line with my aunt's Luck statement...

in the movie Luck was defined as "When Preparation Meets Opportunity"...

so what were my preparations?? being in a biology course curriculum in college??
my opportunity?? passing all the exams, interviews??
so far... it seemed to have just played out... just like the earlier line
"you gotta live...let it happen"

so now i think about the thing that troubles me every single day after our last exams in 1st year med school...

"would i still be around?"

i think i may have already been given the "help" i needed...

but to conclude now is but rash...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Like an endless flow in the river... i am always in thought...
Goo Goo Dolls Lyrics
Iris Lyrics